Saturday, February 2, 2013

Mini Mushroom Tartlets

Mini Mushroom TartletsThis past week was spent fulfilling my mushroom addiction.  I just can't stop making mushroom dishes! In all honesty, they are one of my favorite foods and I could literally eat them every day. I still have morel mushrooms in my freezer from last spring and I plan on fixing them next week.


The mini mushroom tarts are an easy and tasty appetizer.  After making them they served as my lunch for one day.  The remaining were frozen and I  will bring them back out for Super Bowl Sunday.

Print Recipe

Makes 24

Ingredients

2 tablespoons butter
8-12 ounces mushrooms (I used baby bella and white), diced small
3 tablespoons white wine
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon each salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
24 mini-filo shells
Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese

Directions

Melt butter in a medium size nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add mushrooms; add white wine.  Cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add thyme, salt and pepper.  Mix well.  Add cream cheese spread and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir 1 min. or until cream cheese is melted. Remove from heat; spoon mushroom mixture into each filo shell.

Bake 10 to 12 min. or until mushroom mixture is hot.   Sprinkle each tart with Parmesan cheese.  Cool for 5 minutes before serving.    

Authored by +Terri Henkels


Y

No comments:

Post a Comment