Thursday, May 2, 2013

Raised Bed Gardening

Raised Bed Gardening
Most of my adult life I have had fairly large gardens until ten years ago when we put
a pool in the garden space. I then took up container gardening which limited my ability to grow everything that I like. During the following years it seemed to fit my lifestyle but I still longed for that large garden. Now I am at a point in my life that I want to re-engage in gardening on a larger scale but have limited space.
This past week I undertook incorporating a raised bed into our existing landscaping and converting an existing raised flower bed into a strawberry and herb garden. Seventy plus decorative stones and 2+ tons of dirt later it is planted and I am so excited even if I will have jelly arms for the next week.

The trellis is three sided so I planted a summer squash and a zucchini hill on the two backside areas. I will have at least one tomato plant in the back corner and the rest are beets, carrots, onions, beans and cucumbers. Can't wait to make sweet pickled beets - yum. Coming soon will be my strawberry and herb garden.

Raised Bed Gardening
Raised Bed Gardening












Authored by +Terri Henkels

Subscribe to Easy Life Meal and Party Planning by Email

PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png

No comments:

Post a Comment