Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's a Party - Elephant Theme Baby Shower

Decorations for Elephant Themed Baby Shower - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningSunday was the big baby shower day for my youngest daughter. My oldest daughter and I spent all of last week getting ready for it and by Saturday night I was dragging big time. Our color theme was pink, grey and teal and the main theme was elephants. 


The elephant theme was a lot of fun except I decided to make candy elephants which was a nightmare for six of the days! When I was much younger I made molded candy A LOT so it should have been easy right? Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. I don't know if it was me or the mold but whatever it had me over the top stressed and determined to have one whole successful batch. Who let's candy-making stress them out? My Mom said I was crazy and go buy some candy. My husband wanted to know when I was going to throw in the towel. Well, you can't just walk into a store and buy little elephant candies so the challenge was on. I had to pick through each batch and take the most reasonably good looking ones. Ten batches later I had enough for the shower. Now I am a proclaimed chocaholic but by the end of the shower I didn't want to look at or smell chocolate. So maybe some bigger good came out of the fiasco. Just kidding, I've already had a bite of chocolate this morning.

DECORATIONS

Decorations for Elephant Themed Baby Shower - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Gift Table


Puff Ball Party Decoration for Guest Tables & Hanging on the Wall - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Puff Balls on Guest Tables & Hanging
Vases of Daisies wrapped in sparkling net - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Vases of Daisies wrapped in sparkling net
graced the food tables
REFRESHMENTS

Elephant Decorated Cupcakes - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning


Candy Coated Pretzels in Pink, Teal & Grey for Little Girl Baby Shower - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning


Gourmet Chocolate Brownies covered in M&M's, White Chocolate Chips & Sprinkles - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Gourmet Brownies with M&M's, White Chocolate Chips & Sprinkles
Flower Tea Sandwiches for Baby Shower - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Tea sandwiches made with ham salad, smokey chicken salad and turkey & swiss

Fondu Table for Baby Shower - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Daughter insisted on bananas to cover in chocolate - thought she was nuts but the mini bananas were a huge hit 
Pretty Marshmallows for Birthday Party - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

Cream Cheese Mints - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning



Elephant Candy Mold - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Cute Candy Molds
Molded Elephant Candy - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
 Took 2 Ibuprofin with every batch
Sparkling White Grape Punch - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Sparkling White Grape Punch

Baby Shower Food Table - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

  Games

Guess mom to-be's Tummy Circumference Shower Game - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Guess Mom-to-be's Tummy Circumference

Make a baby game for baby shower -Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Make a baby out of play dough and Mom-to-be chooses the "best" (the adults loved this activity and took it very seriously!)

Mom to Be and Lil Sis - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Mom-to-be & Big Sister-to-be

Mom to be and host - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Mom-to-be & Host, Sister

Someone needs a nap - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
At the end of the big day
 everyone was ready for a nap!! 

Authored by +Terri Henkels 



PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png

No comments:

Post a Comment