Monday, October 14, 2013

Vanilla Butter Sugar Cookies - Spooky Delicious


Vanilla Butter Sugar Cookies - Easy Life Meal and Party PlanningDuring my trip to Florida my sister, +Shawna Williams, and I spent time being festive! That is right, our kids are grown and we still made decorated sugar cookies. I used to make them with my children when they were younger and now I have sugar cookie decorating parties with my grandchildren. I must confess that I find it somewhat exhausting. We have cookie dough, frosting and food color from the kitchen to the dining area and it takes forever to make them and clean up afterwards.


Actually, I think this is the first time I have made decorated sugar cookies without children in oh probably 25 years. And I must confess, it was a lot of fun as an adult activity. We were making cupcakes and sugar cookies at the same time so we still had a big mess!
Vanilla Butter Sugar Cookies - Easy Life Meal and Party Planning
The only glitch  was my sugar cookie recipe was about 1200 miles away so I went to one of my favorite places, Taste of Homes, and found this wonderfully delicious sugar cookie recipe. It is now my new favorite rolled Sugar Cookie. In fact, it is better than my long-time go-to-recipe. 


Ingredients
           
1-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups butter, softened
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar

FROSTING:
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk
Food coloring, optional
Colored sugar

Directions
In a bowl, combine sugar and butter; beat until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir together dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture until completely blended. Chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with holiday cutters dipped in flour. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
For frosting, combine sugar, butter, vanilla and milk; beat until creamy. Thin with additional milk to desired spreading consistency if necessary. Add a few drops of food coloring if desired. Spread frosting over cookies and decorate with colored sugar. Yield: 7 dozen (2-1/2-in. cookies).


Recipe from Taste of Homes - originally published  in Country Woman November/December 1992, p31

PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png

No comments:

Post a Comment