Thursday, November 21, 2013

FLY - Five Minute Friday

Fly - Five Minute Friday - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningWhen I heard today’s Five Minute Friday word by Lisa Jo Baker was FLY my thoughts immediately "flew" to the raptor, Hawk.


Many people love Eagles and think they are so majestic but I prefer the Hawk. In flight they are so graceful and when they soar and swoop it is mesmerizing. They are fierce hunters and I admire how hard they work at catching their prey. My favorite thing is to just stay still and watch them whether they are sitting on a fence post, on a hay bale or flying in the air.

Maybe I am just super aware but I see them all the time. I see them when I am out walking and many times they fly just low enough that I can see them in great detail; sometimes they are sitting in our tree or on our backyard fence; and sometimes they are soaring in circles around the park behind our house. They are a site to behold.

The other day my cat got outside the backyard and headed to the front yard. I was chasing her down while my husband looked out the front window. Before I could get to the front yard a large hawk swooped low across our yard and right in front of the picture window. Well that got hubby moving because he thought the hawk was scoping out Miss Kitty. By the time I got to the cat the Hawk was gone. I may have changed my feelings if Miss Kitty became Hawk dinner.

Authored by +Terri Henkels 

PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png

No comments:

Post a Comment