Thursday, June 5, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Wings - The quest is done

I am so tired of going to restaurants ordering chicken wings and they come either so fried that the meat is dehydrated off the bone or they barely fry them and the skin is soggy. YUK! What ever happened to great wings? I like eating them at restaurants so I don't have the grease clean up, but I gave up. The cravings just got to me. I pulled out an old frying grease that my Mom and Grandmother always used and said lets do this. I haven't used this grease in years, but my Mom always had perfect fried chicken and I decided to try it. Yes, I am talking about Crisco and let me tell you the results were incredibly delicious. I found that the splatter was a lot less then my grape seed oil. It browned so evenly and kept its heat batch after batch.  I also used Footy's chicken wing sauce, it's very hot but I cut the heat by adding butter to the sauce. The flavor is classic buffalo wing sauce and I think it's the best. Funny when I moved down to Florida in the 80's Footy was a famous disc jockey down here who loved wings and this is his sauce.
Buffalo Chicken Wings by Easy Life Meal and Party Planning  The best Buffalo Chicken Wing recipe out there. Easy to follow recipe. Tongue tantalizing taste.




Remember that Crisco? It fries like a dream.
Buffalo Chicken Wings by Easy Life Meal and Party Planning  The best Buffalo Chicken Wing recipe out there. Easy to follow recipe. Tongue tantalizing taste.


I used my wok to fry. Look how golden brown the wings are. Next saucing them up.
Buffalo Chicken Wings by Easy Life Meal and Party Planning  The best Buffalo Chicken Wing recipe out there. Easy to follow recipe. Tongue tantalizing taste.

Buffalo Chicken Wings
Crisco Shortening
24 - wingettes
3/4 cup - Flour
1/2 tsp. - Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. - Chili Powder
1/4 tsp. - Salt or to taste
1/2 tsp. - Onion Powder
1/2 cup - Footy's Wing Sauce or your favorite
1/2 cup - Butter
Mix flour, salt and seasoning powders together. Place wingettes in non porous bowl, add flour and coat thoroughly. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This keeps the flour on and season's them.
Heat Crisco to 375 degrees. Have enough in the wok or skillet to cover wings. Once heated to appropriate temperature add wings in small batches.
Cook wings about 10 to 15 minutes. Always test a wingette to make sure you have cooked them long enough.
In sauce pan heat up wing sauce and butter, whisk until blended.
Place cooked wings in bowl and cover with sauce.
Serve with blue cheese, ranch and celery sticks
Authored by +Shawna Williams

Follow Us & Share

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.pngFollow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment