Monday, January 21, 2013

Brined and Grilled Cornish Hens with a Garlic,Lemon Zest Rub

Brined & Grilled Cornish Hens with a Gralic Lemon Zest Rub - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningWanted chicken the other night, but I was in the mood for something different.  I gazed at the turkey, then walked by the chicken and there in a little corner were the Cornish Hens. My Ah Ha moment.
The rescipe below is outstanding. My husband said, "he will never order these in a resturant because they will not stack up to the ones I cooked."
So lets get started....




Print Recipe

The Brine
1/3 cup - salt, because I can alot I always have a large qty. of canning salt and thats what I use
1/3 cup - sugar
1tsp. - Soy Sauce
2tsp. - Olive Oil
8 cups - Cold water
Mix all together
Place Cornish Hens in a Ziploc Bag and pour Brine over birds. Seal and refrigerate 1-4 hours
I brined a little over 2 hours.
Brined and Grilled Cornish Hens with a Garlic Lemon Zest Rub - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

Brined and Grilled Cornish Hens with a Garlic Lemon Zest Rub - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningGarlic and Lemon Zest Rub
2Tbs - Parsley, chopped
1Tbs - Oregano, chopped
1/2 tsp. - Rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp. - Thyme, chopped
RESERVE 1/2 the herbs for inside the birds cavity
2 cloves - Garlic, minced
1/8 cup - Olive Oil
1 -Lemon, squeezed
Salt and Pepper to taste
Whisk together and set aside


Inside the birds
1/4  - Onion, chopped
1/2 the fresh herbs
about 3Tbs of Garlic Lemon Zest Rub
Mix all together and stuff birds
Sprinkle with Lemon Zest when done stuffing and putting the rub on the birds
Now your ready for the Grill
I had my grill at 375 to 400 degrees with alot of smoke.
I didn't open the grill for about 20 minutes. Then I checked every 5 minutes. Total Time 30 minutes.
Internal tempature should be 165 degrees

Authored by +Shawna Williams

Never Miss a Post Follow Us by Email Subscribe to Easy Life Meal and Party Planning by Email

PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png



No comments:

Post a Comment