Saturday, January 19, 2013

Refried Black Beans

Refried Black Beans - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningWarmed up today in Florida but kind of cloudy so I needed to brighten up my late lunch/dinner. I'm grilling Mahi Mahi. Needing a side dish, I decided to do Refried Black Beans and grill my Ciabatta bread. Oh Yeah!! With some of my Pineapple Salsa for relish. Looking Brighter out there. I think a Pinot Grigio will go well....uncork and yum.







Print Recipe

Refried Black Beans
2 cans - Black Beans, drained
1/2 - Onion, chopped
1/4 - Yellow Pepper, chopped
1Tbspn - Olive Oil
1 cup - Beef Broth, low sodium
1/4 - 1/2tsp. - Chipotle Chile spice, to taste
1Tbspn. - Cumin powder, to taste
1Tbspn. - Cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup - Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cup - Salsa, your preference, I use my homemade salsa. You can get it at www.easylifemealplanning.com
Put half of the black beans in a food processor and puree them.Saute onions and peppers in olive oil until soft Add all beans to onion mixture along with beef broth,Chipotle, Cumin, salsa and half of the Cilantro. Remember if you have to keep adding beef broth throughout the cooking process to keep moist add like 1/4 cup or so at a time. Cook at least 20 minutes to let all the flavors cook through. Top with Cheese and remaining Cilantro just before serving.



+Authored by Shawna Willaims

No comments:

Post a Comment