Monday, July 15, 2013

Herb and Vegetable Harvest

Herb Harvest by Easy Life Meal & Party Planning - Thyme, Basil, Oregeno, Rosemary, Cilantro I am so excited to continue the saga of The Life & Times of My GardenI am now beginning to reap the rewards of all my tender loving care and hard work! 


Last winter I was dreaming about moving from container gardening to a Raised Bed Garden and that dream turned into a reality in May. I also converted a raised flower bed into a herb, strawberry, pepper and flower garden. And in typical "me" fashion I still planted 9 containers of herbs, peppers, tomatoes and 1 zucchini.

This is the first time that I have ever grown my own herbs so I was really anxious about whether it would be a colossal failure. I am thrilled to say it has been a huge success and I am now quickly having to learn how to preserve them.


This weekend I spent harvesting some of the herbs and vegetables and I am so exited to share with you the beginnings of my garden's bounty. Enjoy the beauty!

Herb & Vegetable Harvest by Easy Life Meal & Party Planning - Basil Cinnamon & Rosemary

These herbs are growing in my raised herb  & strawberry bed and are so beautiful that I hated to cut them back. The Basil Cinnamon is a beautiful plant and could be left to adorn the garden as an ornamental flower. 

Herb & Vegetable Garden through Raised Bed Gardening by Easy Life Meal & Party Planning - Dried Cilantro



The Cilantro was hung in the garage to dry.








Herb & Vegetable Garden through Raised Bed Gardening by Easy Life Meal & Party Planning - preserved cilantro




My first attempt ever at drying and crushing herbs. 







Vegetable Harvest



Herb & Vegetable Garden through Raised Bed Gardening by Easy Life Meal & Party Planning - fresh vegetables
I made a shrimp dish over the weekend and instead of running to the grocery store I just walked out to my garden and plucked some orange, green and black peppers and an onion. Exciting Times!!! Recipe Coming Soon. 




Herb & Vegetable Garden through Raised Bed Gardening by Easy Life Meal & Party Planning - beets

As I write this post I am in the process of boiling beets in order to remove their skins and make Sweet Pickled Beets. Recipe coming soon. 

Authored by +Terri Henkels 


































No comments:

Post a Comment