Monday, February 17, 2014

Potato Soup

I know it doesn't get that cold down here in Florida, but there still is a need for a hearty soup in the winter. The days are shorter and the nights are cooler giving us that since of our own version of winter. My daughter came home from South Carolina and said she had the best potato soup ever. Oh Oh .... she did not just say that! I said well Missy I guess you have forgotten about my potato soup. Challenge accepted, but this time she was going to help me. She Said she wanted to learn how to cook. Wow! When I finally picked myself up off the floor we preceded  and had a lot of fun. She loved cooking the recipe, but not the peeling of potatoes so much, lol. She told me it was as good as the soup they had up in South Carolina. I will take it!

.

Print It

Potato Soup
5 lbs. - Yukon Potatoes, Peeled and diced into 1 1/2 pieces
5 slices - Bacon
1 - Sweet Onion, chopped
5 stalks - Celery, chopped
5 - Carrots, chopped
8 cups - Chicken Broth
1 1/2 cups - Heavy Cream
Cook bacon until crispy, set aside and let cool then crumble and set aside.
Take 3 Tblsp. of bacon grease and saute onions, celery and carrots. Cook vegi's halfway, do not over cook. Add potatoes and  chicken broth, bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Potatoes will be done when a fork goes through them easily.
Puree half the soup then add the heavy cream and bacon. Bring soup back up to a soft boil. Place soup, with out the lid on, into preheated oven 350 degrees. Cook for a hour.
Stir periodically so that the soup does not stick to the bottom.

Authored by +Shawna Williams


PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png

No comments:

Post a Comment