Sunday, December 9, 2012

Every Day Should Be National Brownie Day! - The Very Best Brownies

Gourmet BrowniesI make brownies for parties, holidays, when I am blue, and when I want to celebrate so you can imagine my excitement when I noticed that yesterday was National Brownie Day. I can add this day to my list of excuses for making brownies and I jumped right on it and started baking and decorating last night.
If I have time, I love to decorate my brownies in gourmet style, however, they are also good with plain frosting, sprinkled with powder sugar or even no frosting at all.  These were made with Christmas theme colors. 

Brownie DayAfter frosting with a chocolate ganache frosting, I used white chocolate chips, miniature chocolate chips, green and red miniature MM's and a few white decorating balls. I then lightly drizzled melted white chocolate over the top.

These gourmet decorated brownies can be somewhat challenging to cut neatly without the right tool.  I personally use an 8" Stanley drywall knife (I know sounds weird but I bought it specifically for this purpose and it works beautifully). I like the leverage given by the handle. They do sell professional slicers but this is what I like.

Print Recipe 

Best Brownies

Ingredients
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate baking squares
¾ cup butter
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup flour
1 t. vanilla extract
1/8 t. salt

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350. Use an 8 or 9 inch baking pan. Spray bottom of pan with baking spray or grease and flour.

Microwave chocolate squares and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl for 1 ½ - 2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Whisk in granulated and brown sugars. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each egg. Whisk in flour, vanilla, and salt. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake uncovered, at 350 for 40-44 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool before cutting.

Easy Ganache Frosting
Ingredients

1 cup chocolate chips
4 T. whipping cream

Instructions
Microwave chips and whipping cream in a small microwave-safe bowl for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted. Stir until smooth. Pour over brownies and spread.
Enjoy!

Authored by +Terri Henkels

Never Miss a Post Follow Us by Email Subscribe to Easy Life Meal and Party Planning by Email

PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png



No comments:

Post a Comment