Thursday, March 7, 2013

One Dough Recipe for Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal & M&M Cookies Makes A Happy Family

One Dough Recipe for Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal and M&M CookiesSometimes my family drives me nuts especially when it comes to baking cookies. My son and son-in-law only like chocolate chip cookies; my husband hates chocolate chips and he will only eat oatmeal and peanut butter cookies and my daughters only like M&M cookies. Although the kids have their own homes, they are like bears and can sniff homemade cookies from miles away. Every time I make one type of cookie there is substantial boohooing going on because I  am showing favoritism and then they guilt me into making their favorite cookies as well.  Out of sheer frustration, I decided that I needed one recipe that allows me to make three different types of cookies at the same time.  So here is my solution to a whiny family and it is a very successful solution.  However, I have caught them counting how many cookies are made of each type to make sure they are evenly distributed!


Ingredients
2 cups unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
3/4 cups chocolate chips
3/4 cups M&M's
3/4 cup quick oatmeal

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stir flour with baking soda and salt, set aside. Beat butter and shortening until mixed well, add sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing on low until incorporated. Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.
Using two medium size bowls and the mixing bowl, separate the dough into 3 parts (1/3 each). Add 3/4 cup oatmeal to the mixing bowl dough and mix to incorporate the oatmeal. Stir in chocolate chips to one of the medium size bowls and stir in M&M's to the remaining medium size bowl.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. 

Authored by +Terri Henkels

Never Miss a Post Follow Us by Email Subscribe to Easy Life Meal and Party Planning by Email

PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png


No comments:

Post a Comment