Friday, April 26, 2013

5 Minute Angel Food Peach Delight

5 Minute Angel Food Peach DelightSometimes when you are in a pinch for time you just need a quick dessert and today was one of those times. I didn't have the ingredients on hand for any receipe that would be easy and good. Not to be stopped, I decided to search my cupboards and refrigerator for ideas. What I did have was a store bought angel food cake, a can of peach pie filling and whip cream.
It took me about two seconds to decide that this sounded like an absolutely delicious combination. Usually I just eat angel food cake plain - it doesn't even need frosting or I serve it with strawberries and whip cream. I have never even thought of angel food cake and peaches together and I am here to tell you that it is an absolutely scrumptious combination. Best of all it took about 5 minutes to pull this together. Busy Just Got Easy!

In the Midwest you do not have access to certain fruits until they are in season locally and peaches are one of those in-season-only fruits (otherwise they are hard and tasteless).  I may have to wait a few more months to get my favorite Missouri peaches from the farmers market but when I do, I can guarantee that I will be making this dessert with fresh peaches!


Ingredients

1 angel food cake
1 can of peach pie filling
Whipped Cream

Directions

Pull apart angel food cake into medium size chunks
Drop peach pie filling on top of angel food cake chunks
Top it off with dollops of whipped cream

Like what you see, Love our blog or subscribe. Thank you
Authored by +Terri Henkels 

Never Miss a Post Follow Us by Email Subscribe to Easy Life Meal and Party Planning by Email

PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png

No comments:

Post a Comment