Thursday, May 16, 2013

Scrumptious Freezer Strawberry Glaze

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Scrumptious Freezer Strawberry Glaze - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningStrawberries are one of the most beautiful fruits and I just love to grow them as well as bake and cook with them.  Today I was making a strawberry cream cake which required a strawberry glaze. Many of the strawberry recipes I use require a glaze so I decided since I had a large container it would be handy to make enough to have on hand in the freezer. Now when I am under a time crunch I have a portion of my recipe ready to go.  Busy Just Got Easy!




Strawberry Glaze

Ingredients

4 cups strawberries, rinsed, destemmed and diced
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup water + 1 Tablespoon water
3 Tablespoons corn starch
Note:  The amount of water used depends on desired glaze stiffness. If freezing account for extra moisture upon thawing)

Directions

Mix strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and let sit for 10 minutes.
In the meanwhile, mix water and corn starch and stir with a whisk until mixture is smooth.
Add mixture to strawberries and stir well.
Cook glaze on medium high stirring constantly until boiling.
Let boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from stove.
Let stand at room temperature until glaze is at room temperature.
Pour into 1 cup plastic or glass containers and freeze.
Note: Will last in the freezer for up to one year.  Thaw in the refrigerator.

Authored by  +Terri Henkels

Never Miss a Post Follow Us by Email Subscribe to Easy Life Meal and Party Planning by Email

PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png




No comments:

Post a Comment