Saturday, November 2, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Bake

Cheesy Chicken Bake - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningYou are going to love this recipe!! Only four ingredients & easy to prepare.   The outside is cheesy and crispy, the middle is filled with sour cream and then the chicken which is extremely moist and tender.




This is definitely a family favorite that I have been making for years. To be honest, I am not sure where the recipe came from so I can't give recognition where recognition is deserved. In fact, I don't even have it written down because it is so easy!  

I always think it is a bonus to have a recipe that is easy to prepare, makes a really nice meal and gives you a little bit of extra free time to enjoy as you please. Actually it is a double bonus because it heats up really well as a leftover  (although we rarely have any left over). I usually make extra so hubby can have a great lunch the next day.


Ingredients

1 - 2 pkgs. of uncooked chicken tenders
16 ounces sour cream
1 box of cheddar crackers 
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Note: I use Better Cheddar Crackers (and no, I am not doing an intentional product promotion). I have tried other cheddar crackers and this particular brand works really well for this purpose because they are light and airy. 

Note:  If I am making an extra large batch, I usually end up using about 1 1/3- 1 1/2 boxes of crackers. The amount of sour cream used will depend on how much you choose to spread on the chicken (I liberally spread) and how many chicken tenders you use. I have never used more than 16 ounces  of source cream and usually less. Make sure you do not cross contaminate left-over sour cream with the juice from raw chicken. I usually put half of the sour cream in a separate bowl and add more as necessary. This leaves unused sour cream protected in its carton.

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray cooking oil on the bottom and edges of a large casserole dish or pan
Finely crush crackers with a rolling pin in a plastic bag and pour into a medium size bowl
Spread sour cream on both sides of chicken tenders
Roll tenders in crushed crackers and place in casserole dish.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle around the chicken
Bake with a lid for 20 minutes. Remove lid and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

Authored by +Terri Henkels 

PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png

No comments:

Post a Comment