Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunshine Award


Sunshine Award to Terri Henkels of Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

I was bestowed a Sunshine Award by +Betty Taylor . A great blogger friend at Losing My Gut and Gaining My Insanity . She inspires me and others by her 40 pound weight loss and her journey to a healthier lifestyle. She provides motivation to those who are wanting to be or on their journey to a healthy lifestyle. But Betty is so much more than weight loss and motivation, she has great stories to tell and tells them well. I first met Betty co-hosting a linky party and we now now co-host two parties together. 




Here are the rule for the Sunshine Award:

1.  Include award logo in a post or on your blog. Check
2.  Link to the person(s) who nominated you. Check
3.  Answer 11 questions about yourself. (See below) Check
4.  Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated. (See below) Check

Betty's questions to me and my answers:

1.       What is your favorite nail color? I love nail polish so this was a difficult question. In order to answer it I decided I would inventory the nail polish I already have and it became perfectly clear. I have about a dozen bottles of different variations of  brownish red (who needs 12 bottles of brownish red nail polish???? -  Oh, never mind, just my hoarding tendencies).

2.  Where did you go on your honeymoon? My honeymoon was spent traveling across the Colorado Mountains for two weeks white water rafting, camping and wildlife watching. Romantic huh? It was completely awesome!

3.  Who is your favorite female celebrity?  In all honesty I am not big on celebrities but since I  was asked it would have to be Jamie Lee Curtis Why? She embraces her age and does so in such a confident and graceful manner.

4.  If someone was sending you a bouquet of flowers, what flowers should be in it?  Yellow Roses

5.  What is your absolute favorite food during the holidays? I know many of you reading this are going to grimace (just like my husband and some of my kids - except the oldest) but my favorite holiday food is Scalloped Cabbage. It has been a family tradition for as long as I can remember and we serve it at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.

Cat Picture - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Nothing has changed 
6.  Dogs or Cats?  Both?  Why? All my pictures growing up, even when I was barely walking, show me holding or petting a cat or dog .  I love both cats and dogs and I have both.  Shep is a 10 years old border collie/collie mix and he is my walking partner.  I also have a 2 year old long-haired Calico cat named Callie (I know creative name right?). 


7.  How do you start your morning? At 6:00 a.m. I start putting together my hubbies’ breakfast and lunch box for him to take to work; and as soon as he leaves I read the paper, hop on the computer to do linky parties, and then off for a walk with Sheppie boy.

8.  Who does most of the cooking in your household? Cooking in my house is pretty much shared with my husband who is Mr. Griller. He cooks most of the dinner meals in the spring/summer and I do most of the cooking in the Fall and Winter months. However, I hate to make or eat breakfast so that burden is mostly on him.

9.  How often do you shave your legs?  Should you be doing it more? I hate to shave my legs but I shave them a lot during the summer and less in the winter. I probably should shave more often in the winter but I am not going to.

10.  Tell me about your perfect adventure.  One of my favorite adventures of late was Kayaking in Florida with my sister +Shawna Williams while a Manatee swam beside the Kayak. It was close enough to touch! Afterwards we sat at the beach and watched the most unbelievable extremely long stream of sharks migrating along the shoreline toward the north.

11.  If you could relive one day, what would it include? If I could relive one day it would be my second wedding and it would include my father.

DRUM ROLLS...... I am nominating the following bloggers because I love reading their posts, they are creative in their work and lifestyles, they put sunshine in my day and I find them quite inspiring. In no particular order:

+Annamaria A 
+Lisa Boyle 
+Buck 'n Run Ranch 
+Winnie Rottem (whoops how did that 11th one get in here - just taking a walk on the wild side breaking rules as I go)

Note: I am particularly fond of +Lynn Huntley+Ken Goh+Tiffany Ben  who are three fabulous blogging friends and co-hosts. They were also recently nominated by Betty Taylor. And obviously I admire my sister +Shawna Williams who inspires me in so many ways (I decided against nepotism). So I want to publicly acknowledge that they are just as inspiring to me as the above nominees. And there are many other blogger friends that are equally deserving too, if not for the rules!!!, my list could really be double in size!


NOMINEE QUESTIONS


  1. Describe something that amazes you?
  2. If you could pass one lesson on to children what would it be?
  3. What is your #1 indulgence?
  4. What is one healthy habit that you embrace?
  5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
  6. What do you value most in a person? Why?
  7. If you could eliminate one thing you have to do routinely what would it be? Why?
  8. What do you do when you need peace of mind?
  9. What is the one thing that makes you the happiest?
  10. What is your biggest pet peeve? Why?
  11. What is your favorite outdoor activity and how often do you engage in that activity?
Authored by +Terri Henkels

PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png

No comments:

Post a Comment