Monday, December 16, 2013

The Eagle Has Landed

Let Nature Inspire and Center You - Eagles return to Iowa - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningDo you ever have one of those days where you wake up feeling like a slug? It is in the low 20's, the sky is hazy as if a snow storm is brewing somewhere out there, and everything is gray and white dotted with brown. There certainly wasn't any creative juices flowing. I felt burnt out by too much shopping, wrapping, company, family drama, sitting in front of the computer and the list goes on. It's only been winter for a few weeks and I can already feel the walls closing in on me.

I knew the only thing to get me out of this funk was to be one with nature. So I put on my heavy winter gear, grabbed my camera and went to find the Eagles that migrate to Iowa in December. South of downtown Des Moines and along the river they speckled the trees as far as the eye could see - hundreds.



Let Nature Inspire and Center You - Eagles return to Iowa - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningThey flew high and low along the rocky river bed and sat on sand banks. It was an awesome sight to see and I clicked and clicked and watched until I could no longer feel my hands. So inspired by such beauty and majesty that all of my woes seemed insignificant.
Let Nature Inspire and Center You - Eagles return to Iowa - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning


Let Nature Inspire and Center You - Eagles return to Iowa - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning


Let Nature Inspire and Center You - Eagles return to Iowa - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

Let Nature Inspire and Center You - Yellow Banks Park Iowa - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningI then followed the river east of town, into the country and to a park that abuts the river where two lone eagles sat in a tree.  There wasn't a soul around, it was wintry cold and desolate but yet beautiful and peaceful. My eye was caught by all the surrounding beauty. And at that moment I was completely at peace with my world and centered again.

Let Nature Inspire and Center You - Yellow Banks Park Iowa - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning


Let Nature Inspire and Center You - Yellow Banks Park Iowa - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

Tell me what inspires and centers you.

Authored by +Terri Henkels

PLEASE FOLLOW & SHARE

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png  photo twitter_zps4cfc7d44.png  photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.png http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/tlsplanners/Picture4_zps0a3cdc35.png

No comments:

Post a Comment