Sunday, April 27, 2014

Baby Calves, Pinantas and Miniature Butterfly & Flower Sugar Cookies=Our Family Easter Holiday

Easter on the Farm baby calves - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningWe had the most beautiful and perfect Easter holiday at the farm. Most holidays our family places a lot of emphasis on food but Easter food is trumped by the call of the great outdoors.











Our tradition is to spend time celebrating the awakening of the earth and the beauty of our newborn calves which means touring the farm looking for the wonders that Spring holds.

Easter on the Farm - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning
Great grandma giving the tour

Easter Egg Hunt

Easter on the Farm - Egg Hunt - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

And if the eggs filled with candy wasn't enough they get a Pinanta full of candy to enjoy too! Talk about bouncing off the walls!

Easter on the Farm - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningEaster on the Farm - Pinanta - Life Meal & Party Planning


Easter on the Farm - Pinanta - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning


I made minature butterfly and flower sugar cookies for dessert and the grandkids were mesmerized by these little I can pop these in my mouth and no one will know I am sneaking cookies! And by the way, this is the absolutely best sugar cookie recipe in the world which was a new recipe that I made last Halloween. I used the same frosting recipe but added more milk to make a glaze. I just dipped the sugar cookies in the glaze and then sprinkled them with decorative sugar.

Vanilla sugar Easter Cookies - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

When I was tired of making the minature cookies I pulled out my big cookie cutters which I conveniently "forgot" to bring to the farm. So guess what I have been munching on all week well that is until my husband spotted them and he secretly snuck them into his lunch box and conveniently "forgot" to leave any at home!

My favorite spring quote:

"Every spring is the only spring, a perpetual astonishment"  by Ellis Peters


Authored by +Terri Henkels 

Follow Us & Share


 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.pngFollow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment