Monday, June 16, 2014

Our First E-Cookbook & A Lesson in Perseverance

Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres Ebook on Kindle - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningEasy Life Meal & Party Planning is proud to announce the publication of our first cookbook "Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres" - a  Kindle E-book! . This is a collection of our easy and delicious appetizer & hors d'oeuvres recipes that will help guarantee a fantastic party for family and guests.

Last Fall my sister +Shawna Williams was dead set on publishing an e-cookbook. We were about 8 months into opening our first ever blog and my mind was exhausted. So much to do and so much to learn - who would have thought! But she was ready to take on another project and I have to admit I was a drag on the whole process.

I finally caved and last September I flew to Florida to do a cooking demonstration gig at Williams & Sonoma and work on an e-cookbook. She had already started on the e-cookbook and I had helped (a little). While in Florida my one assignment was to work together on the cookbook. Sounds good right - but we had all kinds of complications learning new software, installing new software, formatting issues, computer glitches, the list goes on. Well you can guess where that took the drag sister - off to have fun: baking vintage recipes and Halloween
cookies, trips to the craft store to decorate her house for Halloween, kayaking, bike rides, etc. My infectious "let's just have fun" attitude rubbed off and wallah cookbook forgotten! Whew!!

The holidays came and went and we had our first blogging anniversary in December. No mention of a cookbook. I was holding my breath hoping she gave up on the thought. Then one day a month or so ago she called and said  "I've been working on the e-cookbook again". Good thing this discussion happened over the phone and she couldn't watch me cringe and roll my eyes!

Then the other day she called again all excited because she had it figured out and it was working well AND she wanted me to get engaged in the project again. It was obvious that she was passionate about this project and I didn't want to let her down so I put on my best attitude.

We now have our first e-cookbook and Shawna gets an A+ for patience with me and with the project. She also gets an A++ for setting a goal and seeing it to the finish. I have to admit that her decision to write an e-cookbook was the right decision.

Thank you Shawna for all your hard work and taking an idea and persevering with less than stellar support from your partner and sis! I'm so glad you pushed!!

If you purchase this book we would love for you to take the time and write a review on Amazon!

Authored by +Terri Henkels

Follow Us & Share

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.pngFollow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment