Thursday, January 22, 2015

Always Have Avocados on Hand - How to Preserve in Minutes

Being a Bountiful Baskets participant I find myself accumulating lots of Avocados on a regular basis. I hate wasting food so I now have a method to preserve them for future use.

Preserving Avocados only takes two ingredients and a few minutes of preparation. The Avocados hold up very well in the freezer and do not change color. Now I always have Avocados on hand and ready to go for any recipe. Great to use for sandwiches, salads, dressing and dips. Busy Just Got Easy.



Avocados should be soft-ripe with bright green or purplish rind.
Wash and cut Avocados in half and remove pit.
Scoop pulp from rind and mash with a fork or potato masher.
Mix 3 tablespoons lemon juice with each quart of puree.
Pack into jars to within 1 inch of top and close with cap and screw band tightly
Or I like to use snack-sized closeable bags.
Freeze immediately.


Authored by +Terri Henkels

Follow Us & Share

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.pngFollow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment